Photography project for 2018 : 365 portraits
My photography project for 2018 is this : Shoot at least one portrait every day of the
Some constraints and rules for the project:
- Equipment to be used : The Leica M Monochrom (2012 edition)
- The same person/persons can be pictured more than once
- All portraitees must agree to be in the project, so no candid portraits without at least asking afterwards
- I'm in charge : people can't choose clothes, pose, location, expression, or final editing of the photos
Help me out!If you want to help me out by being a part of this project, let me know. You can get in touch via the Facebook group, or some other way : Here are my contact details. I live near Oslo in Norway, so most of the portraits will be shot in this area. But I do travel around, so don't be afraid to ask if you are somewhere completely different.
Update March 7. 2018The project is moving really well! To make the portraits change a little over time, each month will have its own theme, lens or other rule :
- January - (Finished) Headshots with the Leica 50mm Noctilux f/0.95
- February - (Finished) Environmental portraits
- March - (In progress) Closer, with a different lens : the Leica 75mm Summarit
- April - A very special lens. One that tilts the plane of focus into the scene..
- May - A new dream lens: The Leica Noctilux 75mm f/1.25 (if I am able to borrow one for a month)
- June - You chose one of these : Naked (no clothes visible in the photo), OR wet face & hair, OR dirty face
- July - People I meet randomly wherever I go
- August - Ground level : You on the ground, camera somewhere a bit higher, or the other way around.
- September - On a location of your choice : I go to where you are, wherever you want. But you pay
- October - Evening emotions. Using the last of daylight, I’ll try to capture emotions, but not happiness.
- November - Extra light. I’ll be carrying around a small extra photography lamp to light the scene.
- December - Long exposures with movement. Will be quite abstract.